Posted on August 06 2017
We all often find that one meal that we can always rely on for when we are running late, in a hurry, or just are too hungry to even care. For me, it's 2-minute protein oatmeal. Why do I like it? Volume. There are so many ways to use oats and they take on a large amount of the flavor of whatever you choose to put. Lately, Cinnamon Roll has been my jam.
Here's what you'll need:
- 60g of Quick Oats
- 1 egg white
- 100g of 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop of BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein
- Stevia or Splenda (2g)
- Water for mixing
- Fruit of choice
- Measure oats into a bowl and add water until oats are covered. Put the bowl in the microwave for around 1 minute and 30 seconds (time will vary depending on your microwave)
- Once cooked, add in one egg white. Throw it back in the microwave for 1 more minute. Not only does this give extra protein, but gives some extra volume as well.
- Once done, fold in your protein powder and Splenda. This will thicken up the mix.
- Finally, fold in greek yogurt. Any flavor of yogurt works great. With some added protein and flavor, the yogurt cools down the bowl and gives it a creamy consistency.
- Top it off with your favorite fruits or nut butters! Aim for fruits high in volume like strawberries and blueberries!
Macros: 441 calories; 48g of carbs, 6g of fat, 46g of protein