For those of you who like to get serious with your baking, this one is for you. It is essentially two desserts in one so double win! Some of you may not even know what tiramisu is, but don't worry, I have you covered:
Tiramisu is a popular coffee-flavoured Italian custard dessert. It is made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa.
We will not be using all the ingredients up above, but as someone who would marry tiramisu if she could, this one comes pretty dang close.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup (35g) Milk and Cookies BPN Whey
- 60g or 1/3 cup of Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 80g of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/8 cup (12g) of Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3/8 cup Coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sweetener (4g)
- One Shot of your favorite coffee or espresso
- Take the egg whites and whisk for a good three to five minutes to allow the egg whites to become airy and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder, apple sauce, coconut flour, and baking powder. Slowly, fold in the egg whites.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 330 degrees Fahrenheit.You know they are done when a fork can come out clean.
- Press one square down into a little glass bowl.
- Pour half a shot of your favorite espresso or coffee on it.
- While the cake absorbs all the coffee, we will make the cream layer by mixing 60 grams of Fat Free Greek Yogurt with 15 grams of Milk and Cookies whey.
- Layer it up!
*The amount you get may vary depending on if you cooked them correctly! You should get a lot of squares worth of brownie*
Macros for the entire pan:
46g of carbs (22g of fiber) , 10g of fat, 67g of protein