Posted on September 23 2017
It's almost October, which is extremely weird to even fathom. However, with fall, we open all things pumpkin with open arms. Pumpkin cookies, cheesecake, pie, oatmeal, the list goes on and on. In true fitness fashion, it wouldn't be right if we didn't make a pumpkin mug cake!
The bad boy only take 30 seconds to whip up so it is the perfect late night dessert or early morning snack that is guaranteed to leave you and your stomach feeling good. This is not your ordinary, dry mug cake.
Here is what you'll need:
- 40g of Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Scoop of BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein
- 1 serving (30g) of either Oat Flour or All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Salt, Cinnamon. Stevia for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- In a mug, place all the dry ingredients before incorporating the wet to insure everything is evenly distributed.
- Add your wet ingredients, egg whites and pumpkin, and stir
- Once mixed, place in the microwave in 15-second increments to insure no part gets too overcooked.
- Dump on to a plate and serve with greek yogurt for extra protein and a cooling element, if desired.
Macros: 283 calories; 32g of protein, 28g of carbs, 4g of fat