Posted on January 06 2018
It may be the new year, but chocolate mint (and candy canes) are here to stay. We have received requests for more and more recipes incorporating the Mint Chip Whey. This week we are stepping away from the baked recipes and showing you how to make something so simple and it will save you money..so it is a win-win.
Making homemade peanut butter, almond butter, or whatever you like slashes the price of what it originally costs in grocery stores (upwards of $14 for the fancy stuff). We aren't about that. Why spend that when you could: 1) make it yourself 2) have it taste however YOU want it to.
All you need is an oven and a food processor/ blender.
- 2 cups Nuts of Choice (*I used almonds for this recipe)
- 2 scoops Mint Chip BPN Whey Protein
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (*as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cookie sheet covered in foil or parchment paper, lay the nuts. Roast for 10-15 minutes. *Keep a close eye. You do not want them to brown.
- In a food processor, throw in the nuts. Pulse until turned into a thick butter-like consistency. This step should take around 5 minutes until peak consistency.
- Add in whey. Pulse.
- If the butter becomes too thick, just add a bit of almond milk.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Makes 1 cup.
Nutrition per tablespoon (~16): 120 cals, 9g of fat 4g of carbs, 7g of protein.