Deconstructed Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pancakes
We all know strawberries and chocolate go together like milk and cookies. So why not, throw a classic breakfast into the mix? These pancakes will have your taste buds jumpin' all over the place. Try them out, let us know how you like them, and be sure to let us know what you want to see! Warning: these are thick! If you are dieting, these will be sure to fill you up.
Here is what you'll need:
- 1.5 servings of coconut flour (36g)
- 1.1 servings of All-Purpose Flour (50g)
- 1 egg white (46g)
- 70g of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 servings (10g) of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Stevia or Splenda for Sweetener
- 1 tsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 serving of 0% Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 serving (16g) of BPN Strawberry Whey Protein Powder
- In a bowl, mix all the dry pancake ingredients to ensure they are all equally dispersed.
- Add in the liquid egg white, apple sauce, and water to mix until reaching a batter-like consistency.
- Set your pan on a low-medium heat.
- Allow each pancake to cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the edges begin to bubble before flipping.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, layer them with the greek yogurt and whey mixture. You want it to be thick almost like a frosting.
- Chop up some fresh strawberries because we all need some health and enjoy!
Macros: 482 calories; 66g of carbs, 5g of fat, 45g of protein