Posted on September 30 2017
Growing up, there was always the discussion of chocolate chip cookies versus oatmeal. Personally, I loved both and I still do. Today, I whipped up some protein oatmeal cookies. Soft, gooey, and packed with flavor (and protein, of course).
These are the perfect night cap or to dunk into your coffee in the morning. Let me know what you think!
- 60g of Dry, Rolled Oats
- 30g of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Scoop of BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey (use the code 'Kendall' for 10% off)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Sweetener of choice
- In a mixing bowl, place oats, whey protein, cinnamon, salt.
- In another mixing bowl, place your wet ingredients: coconut oil and applesauce. Stir these together.
- Take your wet ingredients and pour them into your dry bowl. Fold this mixture to get everything evenly distributed.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper t avoid these sticking because no one likes a broken cookie.
- Take your batter and using a spoon, scoop little balls. Place them on the cookie sheet and press down to form a cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and allow them to cool for another 5 minutes.
Macros (per cookies, makes 6) : 81 calories : 3.5g of fat, 8g of carbs, 5.2g of protein