Posted on March 27 2018
I am a sucker for savory and sweet combos. One of the most popular is what people call "The Elvis". It usually consists of banana, peanut butter, bacon and sometimes grape jelly. I LOVE using the basis for recipes because it never lets me to anyone down. Pancakes, waffles, burgers. Literally anything AND everything. However, I wanted to see what magic would be created if it were not top of oats. I thought it was something you guys needed to experience too. Prepare to have your minds blown.
Nutriton Information (for base + bacon): 701 calories
60 grams of protein, 75 grams of carbs (14 grams of fiber) , 23 grams of fat
- Peanut Butter: Use powdered peanut butter due to it's lower calories and fat content. This is what I use.)
*toppings will alter nutrition information*
- 1/4 (60 grams) of 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup -3/4 cup (120 ml) of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 (50 grams) of Mashed Banana (optional, can be placed on top)
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cups of Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate banana BPN protein or Cinnamon Roll
- 1 teaspoon of Sweetener or until preferred sweetness (optional: 1 tablespoon of Honey)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 strips of Uncured Bacon
- In a medium bowl, place all the wet ingredients listed and mix together until smooth.
- Place dry ingredients and stir.
- Mix, cover, and store in the fridge for either an hour or overnight.
- Once settled and all the liquid is absorbed, top with bacon bits, banana slices, peanut butter!