Chocolate Frosted Strawberry Doughnuts
We all know chocolate and strawberries go together like peanut butter and jelly. On today's menu, doughnuts. If you spell it "donut", I'm sorry. Either way, you'll love these. Soft, fluffy, and when it has protein, you definitely cannot complain. Let's get cookin'.
Here's What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) of Pancake Mix (I used Bisquick Heart Healthy)
- 1 scoop (32 grams) of Strawberry Shortcake BPN Whey Protein
- 80 grams of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 packets of Stevia
- 1 egg white (46 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix pancake mix, protein powder, stevia. Add applesauce and egg white.
- Use water or unsweetened almond milk to reach desired consistency.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients + Directions (makes ~2 servings)
- 1/3 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 packets of Stevia or until desired sweetness is reached
- 15 grams of PURE maple syrup
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, until desired consistency. Add water to help. Add extra sweetener if needed.
Nutrition Info for Frosting: 85 calories
15 grams of carbs (6 grams of fiber) , 1.5 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein
Nutrition Info for Doughnuts:
94 calories per doughnut-- 10.4 grams of carbs, 1.4 grams of fat, 8.6 grams of protein