You may read this and think "avocado & chocolate? ew." Well, that's what I thought too until I was introduced to the weird avocado dessert world that exists. Avocado is a great place holder in recipes due to the high fat content. It allows you to get a creamy texture in things such as ice creams, puddings, and even works in cookies. Don't knock it till you try it. *I listed all the ingredients in plain measurements since these amounts will make a huge serving. Also, the amounts of everything will vary when it comes to the fruit and veg, thus affecting the total nutrition info per person*
Serving: 15-16 bites
-2 cups All Purpose Flour
-1/2 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1.5 scoops of BPN Fudge Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 whole eggs (*using egg whites results in a completely different texture)
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- ½ cup 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 avocado medium
- ½ cup chocolate chips (*optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large bowl, all dry ingredients listed above.
3. You will next need to blend the eggs, vanilla, honey, yogurt, banana, avocado, until pureed.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined, aiming sure to fold rather than stir as this affects the way they rise when cooked. Let's face it, no one like flat brownies.
5. Line muffin tin with liners. Fill each liner with batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked aka enough for if you poke a fork in them, it comes out clean.
Fun fact: they taste better refrigerated because they become more fudgey! Who knows eating vegetables and fruit could be so easy now.
Nutrition Info (per): 118 calories - 6g of protein, 2g of fat, 19g of carbs