Posted on January 21 2018
St. Patrick's Day came a bit early this year. Most of us know that McDonald's comes out with their signature Shamrock shake, a mint milkshake that is often a weirdly bright shade of green. It can put a dent in your calories for sure, plus there isn't any protein so that's no fun.
We came up with a protein-packed version that tastes great, fills you up, and takes 2 minutes to make.
- 1 scoop of BPN Mint Chocolate Chip Whey
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup of Your Favorite Ice Cream *vanilla or chocolate work best
- In a blender, add all the ingredients besides the milk. You will want to add the milk little by little. Do not add ANY ice. This ruins the consistency and waters it down. Add more frozen banana if thats the case.
- Blend until it reaches a milkshake consistency.
Nutrition Info: 265 calories; 27g of carbs, 7g of fat, 27g of protein
*note that calories will alter based on ice cream used