With the holidays right around the corner, you have a difficult balancing act to maintain. You want to enjoy all of the festive food of the holidays (after all, who doesn’t love stuffing?), but you don’t want to completely ruin your training. How can you maintain a proper balance?
If you want to “win” at this holiday season, you’ve got to start off with a strong morning. What does that mean? To start, it means getting your WOD done early on. Most CrossFit gyms will still offer early morning classes on the holidays, so make sure you get your workout done at the crack of dawn. If you’re not a CrossFitter, then follow your typical training routine. Whether that means hitting the weights at your local gym or running a few miles while watching the holiday sunrise, make sure you finish your workout early. It’s going to be a busy day, and you’ll want to burn some extra calories early so you don’t feel guilty when you scarf a slice of pumpkin pie later in the day!
After your workout, the next step to making sure you don’t ruin your training on the holiday is to ensure you have a solid breakfast that will build on your gains from your morning training. By using whey protein supplements from Bare Performance Nutrition, you can have an amazingly delicious holiday breakfast using our clean, delicious workout supplements.
Why are BPN’s whey protein supplements superior to supplements offered by other companies? When Nick Bare founded BPN, he wanted to give people pure workout supplements with transparent, readable labels. Scan the labels of our supplements; you’ll find that each ingredient is easy to read and understand. Not only that, but they taste great too! Each flavor is delicious, and you won’t have any of the chalky or gritty taste that you get with most other whey protein supplements.
Our workout supplements are great to drink, but they’re also amazing to use in your favorite recipes. If you’re looking for the perfect holiday morning treat that won’t kill your training regimen, then make one of these three recipes on the night before the holiday, so they’ll be ready when you finish your workout. You’ll be glad you did!
1. Cranberry Coconut Protein Bites
There are few ingredients that say “Holiday” like the humble cranberry! A staple on almost every holiday table, cranberries have a way of putting us in the mood for wintertime festivities. Because of this, they make the perfect star of these delicious protein-packed bites.
The combination of cranberry, oats, and coconut create a delicious trio in this no-bake, easy-to-make recipe. Add a couple of scoops of BPN’s Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder supplement to the mix, and you’ve got the perfect holiday morning meal that will keep your training on track.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 5 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 scoops BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder supplement
- 1/2 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoon nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup sugar-free syrup
- Thoroughly combine all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add syrup and nut butter of your choosing to the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out golf ball-sized portions and roll into balls.
- Store in your refrigerator for at least an hour until firm. Bites will remain fresh for a week.
Yield: 12 bites
Nutritional facts (per bite): 120 calories, 6g of fat, 12g of carbs, 7g of protein
2. Walnut Chocolate Chip Protein Banana Bread
Can anything compare to the smell of freshly baked banana bread? The aroma of this loaf will be close to irresistible. If you’re making this the night before the holiday, be careful. You may end up having a slice, or three, before the night is over!
One of the best parts of this recipe is how versatile it is. You can utilize our Vegan Chocolate Banana Whey Protein Powder supplement or our Fudge Chocolate Whey Protein Powder supplement for a delicious chocolatey twist. Or try our Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder supplement for a more traditional, banana bread flavor -- the choice is yours! Any of these workout supplements will make an amazing banana bread.
There is one thing to keep in mind when you’re making this recipe: make sure you measure everything carefully! For the lightest, tastiest bread, you’ll want to ensure that you measure precisely (no heaping spoons!). It may seem like a bit of work, but trust us when we tell you that it will be worth it!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 scoops Whey Protein Powder supplement of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 egg whites
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (avoid using sugar-free syrup for this recipe as the consistency is too thin and will make a sub-par loaf.)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all dry ingredients, including workout supplement of choice, into large bowl and mix.
- In another large bowl, mix the coconut oil with egg whites and honey. Add mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer, but mix on the lowest setting possible. Take care not to over mix the ingredients, as you’ll create a gummy texture in your bread instead of a light, airy one.
- Grease a loaf pan (8 x 4 x 2 1/2 in) with coconut oil to keep your bread from sticking to the pan.
- Allow the loaf to cook for approximately 40 minutes. At the 35 minute mark, stick a toothpick in the center of the bread. Once the toothpick can be removed cleanly without any batter sticking to it, you can take the bread from the oven.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before gently removing it from the pan. If it sticks to the sides, carefully use a knife to separate the bread from the edge of the pan.
Yield: 11 slices
Nutrition facts (per slice): 8g of fat, 28g of carbs, 11g of protein
3. Cinnamon Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
The final traditional ingredient of any holiday is pumpkin. Our pumpkin protein pancake recipe is an excellent holiday morning choice because they are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, hitting that “yum” holiday flavor profile right on the mark. Our cinnamon roll whey protein supplement works seamlessly with this recipe, giving you great taste as well as a protein boost. They taste so good, you won’t want any syrup!
This recipe is simple enough that you can make them right after you work out without any trouble. However, if you want to plan ahead, make them the night before and store in the fridge. To warm the next day, place two or three pancakes on a plate, placing a piece of paper towel in between each cake. Microwave for 45 seconds for perfect next-day pancakes that will taste freshly made.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 scoop Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder supplement
- 2g stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or your preferred oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Crack your egg and beat.
- In another bowl, add your beaten egg to the other wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into your dry mixed dry ingredients. Stir until combined, but take care not to overmix! A few lumps are normal. Your batter should be thick, so avoid the urge to add more liquid to thin it out.
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat, melting your coconut oil in the pan.
- Pour the batter into the heated skillet. Watch carefully and do not try to poke or flip the pancake until you see the batter begin to bubble.
- Flip the pancake and allow to brown on the other side for approximately two minutes.
- Repeat until you’ve cooked all six pancakes.
Yield: 6 pancakes
Nutritional information (per pancake): 80 calories, 9g of carbs, 1g fat, 7g of protein
Choose BPN for your workout supplement needs
When you’re training, there is no such thing as a holiday. That’s why Bare Performance Nutrition has created a line of clean whey protein supplements you can trust. Whether you use one of our suggestions, or creatively add our powder into one of your own holiday morning creations, we know you’re going to love the taste. Even better, we know you’re going to love the gains you get when you use our line of workout supplements.
To learn more about our products, contact us today. If you want to find out what our customers are saying about our products, check out our review page. Just like our ingredient labels, our reviews are totally transparent because we’ve got nothing to hide. Order your whey protein supplements today and enjoy a tasty, healthy holiday morning!