What’s the Deal with Green Superfoods?
Health food trends come and go...in fact, they come and go so quickly sometimes it can be hard to keep up! One of the newest trends in the supplement market is green superfood. On the surface, the idea of superfood supplements may sound appealing. But, what are they? Are they worth all the hype? Are there any real benefits to taking them on a daily basis?
At Bare Performance Nutrition, these are all questions we receive on a daily basis. As an industry leader in safe, clean performance supplements, we take pride in every bottle we produce, including our best green superfood powder: Strong Greens. Here are some things you need to know about this amazing supplement.
What Is A Green Superfood Supplement?
A green superfood supplement is a potent combination of green leafy vegetables, grasses, and other ingredients that are turned into a powder so they can be easily mixed into liquid. Trying to eat all of the ingredients in a superfood supplement individually would be almost impossible. By drying them, grinding them into powder, and combining them into a unique blend, you get the full effect of multiple servings of vegetables without having to eat plate after plate!
There are many different superfood supplements available on the market today, but you can be certain that they’re not all created equal. Some supplements may look impressive but check the label closely. Ask yourself these questions as you inspect the label:
- Are the ingredients easy to understand? You should be able to clearly read and understand each ingredient in the powder. Avoid proprietary blends that use mystery ingredients.
- Is it non-GMO? There’s a great deal of research available that suggests you’re better off avoiding genetically modified organisms (food engineered in a laboratory). Why take any chances? Avoid GMOs in your green superfoods and stick with all-natural ingredients.
- Are there artificial sweeteners? Some companies try to mask the earthy flavor of their supplements by adding artificial sweeteners. You don’t want (or need) these chemicals in your superfood powder, so check the label carefully!
Why should you be so picky? Because food is fuel! Putting the right fuel in your tank will only benefit you in the long run. BPN understands this, which is why all of our powders (including Strong Greens) have clear, easy-to-read labels and contain only the highest quality ingredients. No fillers. No junk. Just nutritious strong greens.
Are Green Superfoods Really Necessary?
Some people feel that superfood supplements are simply a trend that’ll go away over time; however, this simply isn’t the case.
Do you feel like eating vegetables is a “trendy” thing to do? Of course not! We all understand that we need to eat our veggies each day. But, do you think you eat the correct amount on a daily basis? According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, adults need at least five servings of vegetables a day. Their guidelines for an individual serving is the equivalent of:
- 1 cup of raw leafy vegetables
- 1/2 cup of other vegetables cooked or raw
- 3/4 cup of vegetable juice
Now, do you see why superfood supplements are so important? Most of us fall woefully short of our required daily intake of vegetables. When you fall short of this benchmark, you’re robbing yourself of a host of amazing benefits including dietary fiber, iron, and a rich store of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
What Can Green Superfoods Do For Me?
Using a green superfoods supplement not only ensures that you get your daily allotment of vegetables, but it also guarantees that you put the best possible combination of superfood vitamins and minerals, elevating you to peak efficiency. Power-packed green superfoods can increase your energy and focus. You’ll also likely notice improvements with your immune system, digestion, and even reductions of stress levels.
Of course, this is only true if you use a high-quality green superfood like Strong Greens. Our powder includes awesome ingredients like:
- Organic Wheatgrass: Wheatgrass is high in an abundance of vitamins and minerals that strengthen your immune system, detoxify the body, and improve overall health. Organic Coconut Water Powder: Coconut water is high in potassium which increases hydration.
- Beet Juice: Beet juice improves blood flow and provides essential vitamins and minerals.
- Organic Chlorella: Chlorella promotes "good bacteria" in the gut and helps support improved digestion and stimulates the immune system.
- Organic Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory with stomach smoothing effects.
- Organic Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that can your body cope with stress and changes in your environment such as toxins and internal stress.
With power-packed ingredients like these, you can see why taking superfood supplements can be so beneficial!
How Do I Take My Green Superfoods Each Day?
You may be wondering what’s the best way to take in your powder each day. You have several options:
- Mix with water: You’ll love the lemon flavor of Strong Greens. Many people simply mix it with 8 to 10 ounces of water for a no-nonsense drink.
- Mix with juice: If you love juicing, give your fresh juice an extra boost by mixing in a scoop of Strong Greens.
- Mix with smoothies: Can’t live without your morning smoothie? Before you blend, add a scoop of our green superfoods to your blender to make a next-level drink.
- Mix with protein shakes: Need your protein before you hit the box? Combine your protein powder (like BPN’s Whey Protein Powder) with green superfoods for a high-octane performance drink.
With so many possible combinations, you’ll never get tired of drinking your superfoods!
Get Your Green Superfoods From BPN
Superfood powder is great, but superfood powder from BPN is even better! Nick Bare, popular YouTube vlogger and founder of Bare Performance Nutrition, created our company on the principle of making the highest quality supplements with easy-to-understand labels. When you buy from BPN, you know you’re getting the best products on the market. But don’t take our word for it, though. We’re so confident in our products that you can read every one of our reviews right on our website.
Still not sure if green superfood is for you? Contact us today, and we’ll be glad to answer your questions!