Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Lets be honest...who doesn't love fresh baked cinnamon rolls?!
Well, we have you covered with this high protein and low fat cinnamon roll recipe that you can make with our Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder.
1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
2 scoops (68g) BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder
2 tbsp. Light butter (NOT melted)**
¾ cup (170g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
¼ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Baking soda
2 tbsp. Granulated stevia (or preferred sweetener)
½ tbsp. Cinnamon
2 tbsp. Splenda brown sugar (or regular brown sugar)
1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. Reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 scoop (34g) BPN Cinnamon Roll Whey Protein Powder
Sweetener to taste
*All purpose flour or oat flour can be substituted for the whole wheat flour. Will NOT work with almond or coconut flour.
**I used light butter which has about 4g of fat per serving compared to 11g for regular butter. You can also use coconut oil, or regular butter if you don’t have light butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredients for dough to a food processor. Pulse a few times. Add butter and greek yogurt. Pulse until a crumbly dough starts to form. It is OK if there are still dry ingredients, they will combine when you roll the dough.
- Sprinkle the surface with flour, or place a sheet of parchment paper down. Form dough into a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll into roughly a 8x12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle filing ingredients over top of dough. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. Roll dough lengthwise.
- Cut dough every 1.5-2 inches. Place each cinnamon roll into a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Check them around 17 minutes to be sure they are not overcooking and drying out.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix all icing ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle warm cinnamon rolls with icing and enjoy!