Did we say peanut butter swirl protein brownies?!
Yes...yes, we did.
Try this recipe, serve it to your friends, make sure they don't try and steal your Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder and tag us on Instagram!
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (315g)
3 scoops (120g) BPN Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder
3/4 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 whole eggs
6 tbsp. (84g) light butter*
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar/erythritol blend sweetener**
1/4 cup (40g) granular erythritol**
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Swirl
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. (75g) peanut flour
1/4 cup (60g) water
1/4 cup (56g) light butter
2 tbsp. (20g) erythritol sweetener (or powdered sugar)
*Light butter can be found where regular butter is. It has about ⅓ the fat and calories of regular butter. If you can’t find it, regular butter or coconut oil can be substituted.
**Erythritol is a sugar free sweetener. It can be found in the baking aisle. I use a brand called Swerve, which is sugar free and tastes/bakles just like sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Add all brownie ingredients except for chocolate chips to a food processor. Process until a smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper. Pour batter into baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Mix all peanut butter swirl ingredients in a bowl. Make sure to whisk well so it is smooth. Add dollops of peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie batter. Use a sharp knife to swirl into the batter.
- Bake at 325F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. I like to leave the center slightly undercooked so that the rest of it does not dry out.
- Cut into 12 brownies and enjoy!
Yield: 12 brownies
Nutrition per brownie: 175 calories, 14 protein, 13 carbs, 7 fat, 4 fiber, 3 sugar