Peanut Butter Brownie Protein Pie
For the Brownie Protein Pie
- 1/2 cup (60g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 scoops Fudge Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup (225g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (56g) light butter, melted*
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (150g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125g) swerve granular sweetener**
- 2 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
For the PB Topping
- 1/2 cup (64g) peanut flour
- 2 tbsp. (30g) Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
*Light butter can be found where regular butter is. It has about ⅓ the fat and calories of regular butter. If you can’t find it, regular butter or coconut oil can be substituted.
**Swerve is a sugar free alternative to sugar. It can be replaced 1:1 with sugar. It is found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores and on amazon. If you can’t find it, regular granulated sugar can be used.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, Greek yogurt, light butter, peanut butter, Swerve sweetener, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth brownie batter forms. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into the reduced fat Graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. The top should be mostly set, and when a toothpick is inserted it should still be slightly under-done to keep it moist and from drying out.
- Let it cool completely. While cooling, make peanut butter topping. Mix all PB topping ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add PB topping to a small plastic bag, cut the end off, and pipe frosting in small dots around the edge of the pie, and a large dollop in the middle.
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!
Yield: 10 slices
Nutrition per slice (without PB topping): 330 calories, 18 protein, 31 carbs, 15 fat, 5 fiber, 10 sugar