For the Cupcakes
- 1 scoop (36g) Milk N' Cookies Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp (15g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (25g) swerve granular sweetener*
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp (42g) melted light butter**
- 4 Oreo cookies
For the Frosting
- 2/3 cup (150g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 scoops (52g) Milk N' Cookies Whey Protein Powder
- 2 crushed Oreo cookies
*Swerve is a sugar free alternative to sugar. It can be replaced 1:1 with sugar. It is found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores and on amazon. If you can’t find it, regular granulated sugar can be used.
**Light butter can be found where regular butter is. It has about ⅓ the fat and calories of regular butter. If you can’t find it, regular butter or coconut oil can be substituted.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add protein powder, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder salt and sweetener to a bowl. Mix.
- Next, add almond milk, egg, and melted light butter. Gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fill 4 spots in the muffin pan about ⅓ of that way with batter. Top each with an oreo, then top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350F for 5-7 minutes. They cook really quickly, so be careful not to over-bake which will cause them to be quite dry.
- Let cupcakes completely cool while you mix the cookies & cream frosting. Add Greek yogurt and protein powder to a bowl. Whisk together until a smooth, thick frosting forms. Add crushed up Oreos and fold into frosting.
- Top cooled cupcakes with frosting and enjoy!
Yield: 4 cupcakes
Nutrition per cupcake (with frosting): 250 calories, 23 protein, 20 carbs, 8 fat, 3 fiber, 8 sugar