The holidays are here! Even though most people look forward to the parties and other festivities, you’ve been anxious about the holiday season. You’ve had an amazing year in working toward your fitness goals, and you don’t want to lose everything you’ve gained during the month of December. But you also don’t want to feel like the Grinch by avoiding all of the holiday fun. What are you supposed to do?
Contrary to popular belief, you can hit your fitness benchmarks and enjoy the month of December! By focusing on simple changes like adding clean protein powder recipes to your holiday meal repertoire, and keeping these simple tips in mind, you can effectively save your progress from vacation ruin!
- Don’t stray too far from your exercise routine. Although you deserve an extra day off or two during the holidays, make sure that you don’t totally cease your fitness routine. If you do, it will only compound your troubles if you end up making less than stellar food choices.
- Indulge at times. After all, it’s the holidays! Do you want that large eggnog latte you can only get once a year? Go for it! Are you going to a lavish party where the food will be absolutely unforgettable? Enjoy it! However...
- Utilize portion control. Face it, there’s going to be some amazing foods coming your way over the next days and weeks, and not all of it will be made with clean protein powder. However, just because you love grandma’s special fruitcake doesn’t mean you need to eat half of the pan! Allow yourself to enjoy treats by keeping portion sizes small.
- Forgive yourself. In the spirit of the season, if you end up making some bad choices, don’t stress about it! Just resolve to get back to your typical routine the next day.
- Enjoy your own healthy creations. Take some time and make some of your own healthy treats that will not only feel indulgent but will help keep you firmly on track with your fitness goals.
Bare Performance Nutrition understands how hard you’ve been working towards making your fitness goals become a reality. That’s why we’ve compiled some protein powder recipes that utilize our own clean protein powder. You’ll love these recipes so much, you’ll want to make them the other 11 months of the year too!
Holiday Peppermint Pattie Cheesecake Dip
This recipe takes the classic holiday flavor of mint chocolate and turns it into a delicious cheesecake-inspired dip. For your next holiday party, bring this dip with some cut fruit for a real crowd pleaser. You can also change it up for a sweet-and-savory application by dipping in some buttery party crackers instead of fruit. Whatever you choose, this cool, tangy dip will be much healthier than the standard sour cream and mayo French onion dip that you often find at holiday parties. It will taste better too! That’s all thanks to the clean protein powder from BPN. Because it doesn’t have any chalky aftertaste like most other powders, it’s the ideal protein powder for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop BPN Mint Chocolate Chip clean protein powder
- ¼ cup light cream Cheese
- Stevia or Splenda to taste
- Water or almond milk (if necessary)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Place the cream cheese and greek yogurt together in a bowl. Mix well until they have been thoroughly combined.
- Add your clean protein powder. Fold carefully until the powder has been combined well. If you feel the mixture is too thick, add a small amount of water or almond milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to allow the dip to thicken. For best results, leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
Yield: 1 cup of dip
- 190 calories
- 26g of protein
- 6g of fat
- 8g of carbs
Fudge Chocolate Banana Bread Protein Doughnuts
How can you make donuts even better? How about by combining them with banana bread? Although the combination may seem odd at first, one bite of these delectable chocolate banana bread donuts will make you a believer.
Instead of having a pastry or three on Christmas morning, imagine how much better the day would start if you’d bake a tray of these. This protein powder recipe is simple to make, and because it uses BPN’s fudge chocolate clean protein powder, each donut is packed with awesome protein. It’s the perfect cheat snack—without having to cheat!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 Scoop BPN fudge chocolate clean protein powder
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon Stevia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mash your banana with a fork until you’ve created a paste with few lumps. For the best results, use a food processor.
- Add the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl. Start with the banana, and follow with the egg whites, egg, and applesauce.
- Fold the mixture well, but take care not to overmix. If you do, the final product will be extremely chewy and gummy, and it will not resemble the consistency of a donut or banana bread.
- Allow this mixture to sit covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick spray to ensure they don’t stick to the baking sheet. You can also line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop your dough into six equal portions and shape into the form of the pan. If using a baking sheet, place 1-inch mounds of batter onto the ungreased parchment paper.
- Bake your banana bread donuts for 10-15 minutes. You’ll know they are ready when you can stick a toothpick in them and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. For best results, place the donuts on a cooling rack.
Yield: 6 donuts
Nutritional value per donut:
- 88 calories
- 7.5g of protein
- 11g of carbs
- 1g of fat.
Protein Chocolate Lava Cake
At the holidays, sometimes only chocolate will do. But when the craving hits, if you can’t satisfy it quickly, you’ll likely end up eating something you’ll regret later. That’s what makes our clean protein powder chocolate lava cake so amazing.
This awesome desert checks off everything you could want. Looking for moist chocolate cake? Check. How about a warm, ooey-gooey chocolate center? Check again. A protein powder recipe that you can whip up in just a few short minutes? Check, check, check. Finally, and best of all, a recipe that will actually help you meet your holiday nutritional goals? Checkmate!
Wanting a different twist on this delicious snack? Try the recipe without the cocoa powder and substitute our vanilla flavored protein instead of BPN’s fudge chocolate clean protein powder. Now, you’ve got a vanilla lava cupcake in a mug!
- 1 scoop BPN Fudge Chocolate clean protein powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet Stevia
- Pinch of Salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a large mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all of the dry ingredients together. Although it may seem easier to mix the cake batter inside the mug, resist the urge to do so. If you do, you’ll end up losing your non-stick surface as you mix the ingredients, making the finished cake stick to the walls of the mug.
- After the dry ingredients have been mixed, add the wet ingredients and mix until it becomes the consistency of pancake batter.
- Transfer the completed mixture into your mug.
- Cook in your microwave for 45 seconds. Remember, the inside of your cake will be a bit runny, but that’s the lava cake texture we are aiming for.
- Transfer the cake to a plate or eat it right out of the mug! Allow about five minutes for the cake to cool before eating.
Yield: 1 serving
- 264 calories
- 30g of protein
- 31g of carbs
- 3g of fat
Get Your Clean Protein Powder From Bare Performance Nutrition
When you’re getting ready to make your holiday treats, don’t settle for any ordinary brand of protein. The clean protein powder available from BPN is your best choice. It tastes great in water or milk as a delicious shake, but you’ll be especially pleased with how smooth it tastes in protein powder recipes like the ones shared above. Best of all, every product we sell has a clear, easy to read label. We don’t put any banned substances in our clean protein powder, so you can always be sure you’re putting the best possible ingredients into your body.
Happy holidays from your friends at Bare Performance Nutrition. Contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about our products or the recipes shared above. We want to help you reach your goals!