Fruity Cereal Protein French Toast
- 4 slices low calorie wheat bread
- 1 ¼ cups (300g) liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop (35g) BPN Fruity Cereal Whey Protein Powder
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup (30g) Fruity Pebble cereal
Fruity Cereal Protein Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Fruity Pebble Cereal
- ¼ scoop BPN Fruity Cereal Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp. Peanut flour (or regular peanut butter)
- Almond milk (or water) to make a sauce consistency
*The sauce on top is optional as the french toast is already pretty sweet from the cereal and protein powder. Alternatively, you can just top with a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup.
- Preheat the pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Whisk together egg whites, protein powder, vanilla extract and salt. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture until they are almost soggy and falling apart. THis will make the french toast super thick and fluffy once cooked.
- Add french toast to the pan, and top one side with about 2 tbsp. Each of fruity cereal. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Top french toast with fruity cereal protein sauce, sugar free maple syrup, or even peanut butter if desired. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 slicesNutrition (per slice): 160 calories, 17 protein, 18 carbs, 1 fat, 1 fiber, 4 sug