Fruity Cereal Protein Cookies
- 2 scoops (75g) Fruity Cereal Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup (60g) self-rising flour*
- ¼ cup (50g) Swerve granular sweetener**
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 tbsp. (96g) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (56g) light butter, melted ***
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup (36g) fruity cereal
*If you just have regular, all-purpose flour, add ¾ tsp. baking soda to the recipe.
**Swerve is a sugar free alternative to sugar. It measures 1:1 with sugar, but has no glycemic effect so it’s great for low calorie baking. It can be found in the baking aisle of most groceries, but if you can’t find it, regular sugar can be used.
***Light butter has 4g of fat per serving compared to 11 of regular butter. Regular butter or even coconut oil can be substituted, but it will increase the fat/calories.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add protein powder, and flour to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetener, eggs, peanut butter, melted butter, and vanilla extract. May need to microwave peanut butter to soften to make it mix easier.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Gently mix until a thick, cookie dough forms.
- Fold in fruity cereal.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop 10 cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. The outsides will be cooked and the inside will be slightly underdone, but they will continue to cook once out of the oven. Be careful not to overbake or they will dry out.
Yield: 10 cookies
Nutrition (per cookie): 140 calories, 9 protein, 10 carbs, 8 fat, 2 fiber, 3 sugar