Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie Sandwiches
For the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 Scoops (97g) Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup (112g) peanut flour
- 8 tbsp. (56g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) Swerve granular sweetener*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup (180mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Filling
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoops Fudge Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. Swerve confectioners (more or less to taste, the protein adds a good amount of sweetness)*
- 1 tbsp. melted chocolate chips (optional but delicious)
*Swerve is a sugar free alternative to sugar. It can be replaced 1:1 with sugar. It is found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores and on amazon. If you can’t find it, regular granulated sugar can be used.
**Be careful not to over-bake the cookies. They should seem slightly under-done, and gooey in the center when you take them out. They will firm up when they cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredients for the cookies to a large bowl: vanilla protein, peanut flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking soda, and salt. Mix.
- Now add almond milk and egg. Stir together the mixture until a thick cookie dough forms.
- If it is too dry and crumbly, add a little milk. If it is too thin, add a little peanut flour or coconut flour. Once the dough is formed, add chocolate chips and fold into dough.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment to make 10 cookies. Each should be about 3 tbsp of dough. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. They will seem undercooked, but that is ok. They will continue to cook and firm up once out of the oven. If overbaked, they will become dry and crumbly.
- Let cookies completely cool while making the chocolate filling. Add all ingredients to a bowl. Whisk together until a thick, smooth chocolate frosting forms.
- Scoop a few tbsp of the chocolate filling onto 5 of the cookies, then top with the other remaining cookies to make cookie sandwiches. Enjoy!
Yield: 10 cookies, or 5 sandwiches
Nutrition per cookie: 145 calories, 15 protein, 11 carbs, 5 fat, 5 fiber, 6 sugar
Nutrition per sandwich (with filling): 340 calories, 37 protein, 26 carbs, 11 fat, 10 fiber, 12 sugar