Blueberry Muffin Protein French Toast
We are massive fans of French Toast here at Bare Performance Nutrition! We decided to put together the perfect combination of our Blueberry Muffin Whey Protein and homemade French Toast.
Try this recipe out and make sure to tag us on social media @bpnsupps!
- 4 slices lower-carb bread
- 1 scoop Blueberry Muffin Whey Protein Powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
Oatmeal Crumble (optional)
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp. light butter
- 1/2 scoop Blueberry Muffin Whey Protein Powder
*Any bread will work, but we like to use a lower carb bread. Also, if you can plan ahead and set the bread out overnight before making, it will get a little dry and soak up the egg mixture much better and make a fluffier, more moist french toast.
- Preheat a large pan to medium/high heat.
- Whisk together protein powder, whole eggs, egg whites, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Cut each of the 4 slices of bread on half, diagonally to make 8 triangles. Soak each in the egg mixture for about 1 minute per side.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray. Cook french toast for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- For the jam, add blueberries and syrup to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Mash the blueberries together with syrup. Add chia seeds and stir. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Finally, for the oatmeal crumble, add oats, light butter, and protein powder to a bowl. Mix. Should be a crumbly mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 10 minutes.
- Top french toast with blueberry jam and oatmeal crumble. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings (4 French toast triangles)
Nutrition per serving: 375 calories, 28 protein, 41 carbs, 11 fat, 6 fiber, 10 sugar